My Other Pages...
This page was last modified: July 15, 2018
If you would like to receive email updates for this website, please submit your email address below.
Beef Okra Stew
1 package frozen okra
1. 1. Brown the meat in butter, turning over twice gently.
2. Peel garlic and add it to the meat.
3. 3. Add salt, tomato paste, and water.
4. Cover and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.
5. Juice the lemons.
6. Add lemon juice and okra.
7. Cover and cook over medium to low heat for another 45 minutes.
· The original recipe calls for 2-3 cups of water. I always felt like that made it too runny. I start by adding just a cup of water. When I add the okra at the half-way point, I look at the consistency and decide if I want to add more. The last couple of times, Iíve added another Ĺ cup of water. Experiment to your liking.
· You can get either the cut or whole okra. I personally like the whole okra better. It does make it a little more slimey, but I can taste more of it, so itís a matter of preference.